After, over four decades, of personal involvement, in nearly, everything, related to, effectively leading, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, I have come, to strongly believe, perceiving and conceiving of, and creating, the finest – possible, action plans, based of well – considered, relevant, and sustainable, strategic planning, from the onset, is an essential, first – step! If, you wish, to be, the best leader, you can possibly, become, using these essentials, effectively, are the necessary ingredients, in making your planning, truly, matter! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 7 key ingredients, needed to make a difference, for the better.
1. History/ heritage: Each group has, certain unique characteristics, either, related to its history, and/ or, heritage, or various other factors! Therefore, it is imperative to, create your system, and plans, taking these into considerations, as essential components, to address, and consider!
2. Past/ present/ desired future: While it is important to know and respect the path, present conditions, require making changes, for the better! Every path, and/ or, choice, must address present obstacles, while considering potential ramifications, of any action (or failing to take necessary ones), as well as relevant, sustainable plans and actions, towards the most – desirable future! However, unless/ until, one identifies, clearly, what this might be, how can he possible, use effective strategic planning, towards his quest, for, well – considered, well – developed, action plans!
3. Open – mind: How can anyone, achieve, what’s needed, and necessary, unless he is ready, willing, and able to proceed, outside – the – box, with an open – mind, and escapes his self – imposed, comfort zone, and acceptance of, good – enough?
4. Demographics: Each group has some demographic – mix, and, thus, a leader must acknowledge, and cater, to the priorities, of his stakeholders! How can, one, effectively plan, if he doesn’t fully – understand, such an important factor?
5. Mission/ Vision: How important is this group’s Mission Statement, and, is it still, applicable and appropriate, as is, or does it need to be tweaked, and evolved, to today’s needs, etc? A great leader must possess the vibrant, vital vision, to make the best choices, and choose the way, to best – get there!
6. Financial factors: What is the financial condition and viability of this particular group, today, rather than, trying to live, in the past? The best planning comes from effectively using zero – based, budgeting, as a tool, to choose, the best strategic and action plans, for this organization!
7. Perceive; conceive; create; implement: One must be capable of perceiving and conceiving of the options and alternatives, and choosing, wisely, and, creating, the best – path – forward! However, this only matters, when one, implements his ideas, effectively, and towards a needed – remedy/ result!
Will you dedicate yourself, to the finest, strategic and action planning? Do you have, what it takes, to make a difference, for the better?
Source by Richard Brody