Apple released its latest iOS and iPad OS 14.5 with some cool features. This latest update includes the new App Tracking Transparency feature. This new feature will allow users to choose whether to allow apps to track their activity “across other companies’ apps and websites” for advertising purposes. If an app design to share your activity in this way, A pop-up message will come up asking your permission to allow to share your activity in this way.
Apple includes a very useful and timely new feature with this iOS 14.5 update. If you have an Apple Watch, you can use your Apple Watch to unlock your iPhone without requiring your face or password as long as you wear your Apple Watch on your wrist. You must wear your Apple Watch on your wrist and it must be unlocked and within close range of your iPhone. And when this feature is on, you can simply look at your iPhone and you will get a little tactile feedback on your Apple Watch to notify you that your iPhone has been unlocked. And you also need to update your Apple Watch to the latest version of WatchOS 7.4 for this feature to work. This new feature will work with iPhone X and later and Apple Watch Series 3 and later.
Apple also shared a video on how to use this new Face ID feature.
And here’s some cool additional iOS 14.5 features.
- Apple Podcasts gets redesigned show pages to make it easier to start listening, as well as an option to save and download episodes so they are automatically added to Library for quick access. Top Charts, categories, and curated collections on the Search tab help listeners discover new shows.
- AirTag support allows users to keep track of and find important items, such as keys, a wallet, backpack, or more, privately and securely in the Find My app.
- Apple News features a redesigned News+ tab, making it easier for subscribers to quickly find, download, and manage magazine and newspaper issues, and an all-new Search experience helps all Apple News users find relevant topics, channels, and stories.2
- Apple Fitness+ users can now stream audio and video to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices.3
- Reminders adds the ability to sort by title, priority, due date, or creation date, and offers the option to print reminder lists.
- 5G improvements for iPhone 12 models include Dual SIM support for 5G connectivity and Smart Data Mode enhancements to further optimize the experience on the network, including better battery life and data usage.
- Siri Siri will no longer have a default voice, instead you can be able to your preferred voice during the setup. And the new Siri voices use Neural Text to Speech technology for an incredibly natural sound.
- Voice Control for Accessibility gives users comprehensive navigation with just their voice, and is now expanding English support to Australia and Canada and adding support for Spanish in Mexico, Spain, and the United States.
- New Emojis You can now choose different skin tones to couple with heart emoji. Additional emoji include characters for face exhaling, face with spiral eyes, face in clouds, hearts on fire, mending heart, and woman with a beard, among others.