After, over four decades, of, personal and professional involvement, in, nearly, every aspect, etc, related, to, effectively, leading, I strongly, believe, there are certain essentials, to, any potential leader, being ready and prepared, to perceive and conceive of, create, develop, and implement, the needed – and – necessary, strategic and action plans, which, generally, differentiates, the rare, quality, meaningful leader, with the rest – of – the – pack! Without, actively, pursuing this path, even though, it may, often, not be, the path – of – least – resistance, one doesn’t earn the right, to be considered, a leader! With, that in mind, this article will, briefly, attempt to, consider, examine, review, and discuss. 7 key steps, needed, to implement, these strategies, effectively, and successfully.
1. Open – mind: How can anyone, fully – consider, all viable, options and alternatives, unless/ until, he maintains, consistently, an open – mind? This means looking for ways to achieve and succeed, rather than, merely, being contented/ satisfied with, the same – old, same – old! When one does this, he opens – up, a wide – area, of possibilities!
2. Effective listening/ empathy: Most people, consider, the sound, of their own voices, as one of their favorite sounds! Too many, refuse, to effectively listen, often, interrupting, rather than, proceeding with the commitment, and level of discipline, which provides, stakeholders, with the perception, of greater caring, and genuine empathy!
3. Considers options and alternatives: Instead of, merely, holding, the status quo, as being sacred, etc, a true leader must be ready, willing, and able, to fully consider all viable options and alternatives, with the intention of achieving, the best, path – forward!
4. Know priorities, goals, needs, perceptions: How can any leader, make the best decisions, unless/ until, he fully understands the real priorities, goals, needs, and perceptions, of his stakeholders? Only, then, does it become possible, to proceed, with genuine empathy, and place one’s emphasis, accordingly!
5. Develop inner circle: One must recognize, no one, can do it all, by himself! It takes having and developing, an inner circle, of qualified, skilled advisers, to maximize the possibilities!
6. Evaluate various strategies: One must expand his considered – possibilities, and be ready, willing, and able, to evaluate a variety of strategies, and paths! This is a necessary, prerequisite, to implementing, and developing, the best = possible, strategic and action plans!
7. Well – considered, with contingency considerations, action plans: One’s strategic planning, must be followed – up, in a timely, well – considered, manner, by perceiving and conceiving of, creating, developing, and implementing, the best, action plan! These must include, contingency plans, to address ramifications, and eventualities!
If you want to be an effective, quality leader, become a proficient, action and strategic planner! Are you ready, and up – to, the tasks and responsibilities?
Source by Richard Brody