One of the most significant differences, between a true, meaningful, effective leader, and the rest – of – the – pack, may be, whether they are ready, willing, and/ or, able, to MOTIVATE and inspire their stakeholders, etc, to follow them! Achieving this, requires, commitment, endurance, persistence, a true – positive attitude, professional training and developing, and an enhanced understanding of what’s involvement, in effective leadership! After, over four decades, of personal involvement, in, nearly, everything related to effectively leading, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to, thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, to personally, serving as a leader, on several occasions, I am convinced, creating and developing leaders, who are motivating and inspiring, is a key, to creating the best – paths – forward, in, nearly, all cases. With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Make mark; mention; merits; meaningful: Great leaders must make their mark, for the better, consistently, and leave their group, stronger, and better – prepared, after their tenure – in – office, better than he found – it! It is important to mention individuals, and thank them, for their assistance/ help, rewarding constituents, on the merits, instead of any other factors/ considerations! How else, can we be certain, a leader is meaningful, etc?
2. Options; opportunities; open – mind: We need individuals, who will consider a variety of viable options and alternatives, with an open – mind, if we are to position any group, to be ready, and prepared, for the finest opportunities!
3. Truth/ trust; together: If one wishes to earn the trust of his stakeholders, he must consistently, tell – the – truth, even, when it may not be convenient, etc! Shouldn’t it be incumbent – upon, the individual, to seek to bring others together, for the greater good?
4. Integrity; innovate; inspire; imagination; insights: There is no true leadership, unless/ until, a leader maintains absolute integrity! Only, them, will he be ready, and prepared to innovate, when – indicated, and, be able to inspire others with his imagination, and quality insights!
5. Visions/ visionary; views; value/ values: Visionary leadership comes – from, well – developed, visions, which represent the most – desired views, of the specific group, and constituents! This individual must, constantly, clearly – demonstrate, he is a person, of value, and his values, align with the group!
6. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate; appeal: Individuals, who proceed, with a well – considered, true, positive, can – do, attitude (without wearing rose – colored glasses), appeals to others, and gains greater attention, for the cause, and ideas, he proposes, etc! It takes a fully – developed, relevant, aptitude, and skill – set, to achieve meaningful objectives, etc!
7. Time – tested; timely: Great leading comes from balancing, using, time – tested lessons, and experiences, and aligning these, with well – considered, timely actions! They must avoid the tendency towards procrastination!
Since a great leader needs to MOTIVATE, are you the right person, to lead? Are you, up to the tasks and responsibilities?
Source by Richard Brody