When your phone says You are unable to send a message and the Message Blocking is active, you must find a way to fix the issue to be able to send the messages again. In this article, I will discuss how you can fix this issue as soon as possible with ease.
The reasons for your the phone saying message blocking is active is that,
- The following phone number is on the no-call list: Perhaps you accidentally added the contact number to the black list. If this is the case, sending a message to that person is impossible.
- Access to premium messages has been disabled: If your phone is set to not send or receive premium SMS messages, you may receive this error when attempting to send a premium SMS message.
- The service is currently unavailable: You will be unable to send a message to others if the provider's service is unavailable for some reason. The error Message Blocking is active may appear. It is usually only a temporary problem, and the provider will resolve it as soon as possible.
- T-Mobile has a problem with shortcodes: T-Mobile has always had this problem as a result of a shortcode error that was set to block. T-mobile customer service can help you with your problem.
- This error was primarily caused by a service outage on the part of the service provider. This service outage could be caused by a temporary maintenance break, in which case the message service has been paused, resulting in this error.
- Block List: The main cause of the Message is that the receiver is on the sender's block list or vice versa. Both people must ensure that they are not on each other's text messaging blocklists. Also, make sure you can reach them without difficulty.
Free msg: unable to send Message; message blocking is active."; Fixing it.
Enable the premium SMS permission.
Some messaging apps, as previously stated, will require premium SMS access. If you use a third-party messaging app, make sure to give it premium SMS permission. To complete this task, follow the steps listed below.
- In the "Settings" window, scroll down to "Apps" and click it.
- Select "Special Access" from the "Menu" icon in the top-right corner.
- Select the app that requires this permission by clicking "Premium SMS Access."
If you're still getting the "unable to send message – message blocking is active" error, you can try asking the person who blocked you to unblock you. Call the number if you're not sure if you've been blocked or not.
If it doesn't connect, it's possible that you've been blocked or that the person has blocked you. If calls are successful, you may need to try the other solutions in this article.
Some users were able to get around this by only sending a plain text in their messages. There's a chance that all of the other non-plain texts in the Message contributed to this error.
Retry after removing all attachments, emojis, pictures, or graphics from the Message.
Try enabling premium message access.
- Swipe down from the top of your phone's notification panel.
- Select the Settings icon (the gear icon on the top-right side of the screen).
- Select Apps > Apps.
- Select Special access from the 3-dot menu.
- Premium SMS Access should be selected.
- Then tap Message, then Ask.
Following these steps, you can send the Message again to see if the problem has been resolved.
Contacting the appropriate authorities.
If you're on a T-mobile plan, we recommend contacting the company's customer service. The technician will either walk you through the steps or remotely fix the problem.
Make sure your phone number is still active.
Many users have reported receiving this error message after their phone number has been permanently deactivated. If this is the case, you must contact customer service to reactivate your phone number.
Verify that your account's text messaging services are turned on.
If the problem persists, it's possible that text messaging services on your phone has been disabled. This usually happens when you haven't paid your phone bill or when your text messaging limit has been reached.
Turn off iMessage.
Turning off iMessage is a fix as well as a way to isolate the problem. On your iPhone, you have two texting apps: iMessage and regular texting. Either one could be the problem, so turn one-off and try messaging with the other; in this case, it will be iMessage.
To turn iMessage off, go to Settings >> Messages >> Turn iMessage OFF. After that, try sending a message. If that doesn't work, we'll move on to the next step.
Attempt to send a text message using iMessage.
Because iMessage wasn't the problem, this procedure will focus on performing a basic troubleshooting task on the iMessage app before attempting to send a message.
To do so, make sure your phone has a good internet connection (always turn off iMessage if you don't have an active data plan or internet connection) >> go to Settings >> Messages >> Send & Receive >> Done Select Sign Out >> from the Apple ID menu. >> Restart your iPhone Return to the Settings app, go to Messages, and select Use Your Apple ID for iMessage.
Update to the most recent iOS version.
You should make sure your device is running the most recent software. In comparison to Android phones, iPhone software updates are critical. The software updates distinguish the first three iPhones from the last three iPhones.
It's possible that our culprit is an older iPhone that isn't getting new OTA (over the air) updates or if you haven't installed an update in a while. To check for Apple updates, go to Settings > General > Software Updates, and then complete any available software updates.
Some related FAQs.
Why aren't my messages getting through?
Check that various messaging options are turned on in your iPhone's Settings app so that your phone can send texts if iMessage fails. Turning your iPhone off and on again will usually refresh the software and restore better signal connections, allowing you to send your messages once more.
Is a message failure an indication that you've been blocked?
When you text someone who has blocked you, it works as expected. The Message is sent normally, and there is no error message. This is useless in terms of clues. If you have an iPhone and try to send an iMessage to someone who has blocked you, the Message will stay blue (indicating that it is still an iMessage).
Why do my messages only reach one recipient?
Because the other person may not have an internet connection or the iMessage feature turned on, your iMessage may not work with a single person or contact. Another reason could be that this particular recipient is experiencing network connectivity issues.
Is green text considered blocked?
If you know someone who has an iPhone and your text messages with them has suddenly turned green. This indicates that he or she has most likely blocked you. If the person doesn't have a cellular or data connection, or if iMessage is disabled, your iMessages will be sent as SMS.